Professional Development Workshops and StoryTimes with Grandpa Gardener
Grandpa Gardener is now offering Garden-Based Professional Development Workshops for educators and child-care providers of children ages 4 to 7. These Garden-Based Learning workshops offer interactive and guided learning sessions focusing on the importance of garden-related activities as applied to multiple subject areas. The workshop curriculum meets many Arizona Academic Standards for Reading, Writing, Art, Music, and Science and lasts about one hour in length.
Cost: $150.00 for 20 participants (additional $5.00 per person over 20, Maximum 30 participants). A 50% non-refundable deposit check and the number of participants are due at the time of booking. There will be an additional mileage costs for locations further than 30 miles from downtown Tucson at 60 cents per mile.
Workshop includes: Supplies, take-home informational packet for each participant, and eight Garden-Based Guided Learning Models for teaching young children.
1. Sharing our Garden Experiences
2. Gardening 101: Introduction to Garden-Based Learning
3. Reading and Seedling Session: Introduction to the book, What a Seed Needs to Know by Grandpa Gardener
4. Grandpa Rap Session: Introduction to the Grandpa Rap
5. Garden Art Session: Introduction to drawing "Grandpa-Style"
6. Down to Earth Activity Session: Interactive planting activity
7. From the Ground Up Writing Session: Interactive garden writing activity
8. Harvest Round-up Concluding Session: Garden-Based Learning Tips
We also offer free StoryTimes with Grandpa Gardener for children ages 4 to 7, complete with Grandpa Gardener reading his newly published book What a Seed Needs to Know (now available on our e-store), Grandpa Rap Music and Movement Session, Grandpa Style Garden Art and free handouts for children. Books will available for purchase and signing.
For reservations, please contact (520) 327-1794 or e-mail us at GranpdaGardener@GrandpaGardener.com
*All Workshops and StoryTimes available in Metro Tucson area only